WSA registration - step by step
> Step 1: Timetable & registration
Period: 1st August to 31st October 2020
> Start of registration for the World Spirits Award:
Start of the WSA registration is 1st August 2020. The "World Spirits Award" is limited to 450 samples - so please register early enough!
Invoices will be sent from 1st August and are to be paid immediately - participation will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
Then the detailed registration and the sample shipment will follow. See step 2 and step 3!
From 1st August to 30th September the early bird rate (minus 10%) applies – after 1st October the normal price applies.
- Binding registration with number of samples: by 1st November
Or by e-mail with company address (Address of applicant) and number of products
- Payment after receipt of invoice - surcharge of 10% if paid after 1st November
> Step 2: Detailed registration and mailing of photos with distillery description
Period: 1st October to 15th November
- Online Registration Part 2 following activation of tool
- E-Mail an Excel sheet with complete list of all necessary product details for registration (if product details are missing) by 15th November at the latest
- Submission of photo selection and information documents: by 15th November
- Documents for distillery portrait and photo selection via e-mail or web transfer
> Step 3: Sample shipment
Period: 1st October to 1st December
- No dispatch without payment and detailed registration
- Shipment of samples by 1st December at the latest
- Delivery note and/or pro-forma invoice
- Three (over 0.5 litres content) or four bottles (0.375 litre) per product
- Shipment address:
WSA World-Spirits Award
Untertscherner Weg 3
9546 Bad Kleinkirchheim, Austria
Fax: 0043-4240-760 50
> Step 4: Tasting & medal stickers or licence agreement
Period: 1st January to 8th February
- Tasting weekends are in January
- Announcement of medals (unofficially) by 5th February
- Ordering of medal stickers by 8th February - payment of invoice immediately upon receipt
- Licence agreements can be made from 5th February
- No information on exact results or feedback on submissions
- Mailing of medal logos only after Award Ceremony
> Step 5: Award Ceremony & publication of results & Communication
Period: Publication of results and mailing of digital medal logos from 22nd March, without exception!
- Announcement of venue for the Award Ceremony by 15th February and registration for Award Ceremony and Distillery Tour by 20th February
- Publication and use of official results on the day after the Award Ceremony
- Mailing of digital medal logos and distillery portraits within one week of the Award Ceremony
- Mailing of high-resolution medal logos on request and on declaration of intended use
- You need a licence agreement for ist use on bottles, labels, boxes …
- Mailing of medals/certificates within one week of the Award Ceremony - in the case of non-deliverability, further mailing at the expense of the applicant.
- The same applies for the shipment of the World Spirits Award Trophy including insurance. Caution: inspection together with deliverer due to danger of breakage – otherwise no claim for compensation possible!
- Mailing of the World Spirits Guide at the end of July/beginning of August
The participants undertake to timely meet the deadlines stipulated by the organiser for the registration, collecting of documents and photos etc. . Otherwise incalculable delays with the WSA organisation will occur. The work is subject to a very tight schedule and coordinated with different partners. If Packshots (bottle photos) for apps arrive too late, they can unfortunately no longer be used. This also applies to all other services you „purchase“ with your participation.
> WSA Award Celebration 2021 in Bad Kleinkirchheim
19th March: Distillery Tour in Carinthia
20th March, 3 pm: World Spirits Award Celebration
(depending on the weather in the ‚Kultursaal' in Bad Kleinkirchheim or at the ‚Brunnachhoehe' in St. Oswald in the Nock IN; will be announced three days prior to the beginning)
7 pm: dinner together at the ‚Einkehr' in Bad Kleinkirchheim